Wednesday 30 May 2012

From Dreams To Reality










(an account of life in poor households of India where dreams succumb to the harsh and brutal realities of everyday life.The life is first seen from the eyes of a child and then when the same child turns into an adult.) 


I wake up every morning to the face of innocence,
Not much i understand,
Not much i comprehend,
But i realize love when my parents look down upon me with a sense of tenderness...
On some mornings i find them loving each other,
On some mornings i find them ignoring each other,
And on some, fighting....
Fighting to save food for me,
Remaining hungry themselves, they feed their little child affectionately....
Fighting to search a rag for me,
Remaining half cladded themselves, they cloth their little child affectionately...
Fighting to save every little penny,
Hoping day and night that their child's string will not be attached to the same destiny.....!!!!!
And I dream...
I dream of being an aviator...or an actor...
Or a millionaire enjoying a cup of tea with U.S. Senator.....
And I dream...I dream...I dream...!!!!!



Thirty years had gone by as I find myself lying in bed in a state of utter desperation,
And Now I wake up in the morning with the face of devastation.....
Everything understood.
Everything comprehended.
Cursing the lines on my hand,
What remains of me is a broken soul waiting for the End....
Consumed by hate,
What remains of me is a mourner who ran away endlessly from his doomed fate....
Gone are those days when i used to dream,
What remains of me is a man with withered sheen....
Everytime I fought, I fell,
I am not anymore afraid of death, as I've seen far worse than Hell...
Staring at my ceiling's fan,
With a rope in my right hand,
I climbed up the broken chair, as my feet remembered, the last touch of this burning land...!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aircel

PayOffers.in